Exhibit B: 600 Million Year Geologic Record
- The current CO2 level of 400 ppm is at the extreme low end of the past 600 million years. Plants and therefore most life will die if CO2 falls below 180ppm.
- CO2 has been as high at 7,000 ppm, or 17.5x today’s level and the earth has NEVER in 600 million years experienced catastrophic global warming, NEVER.
- The earth fell into an ice age when the CO2 level was at 4,000 ppm, or 10x the level of today.
- Modern reefs and sea life developed over the past 220 million years when CO2 and temperatures were much higher than today. Coral Reefs only exist in the warm parts of the oceans and rely on dissolved CO2 to form their CaCO3 shells.
- There is no defined mechanism by which CO2 can allow the globe to cool, the only defined mechanism it to trap outgoing radiation between 13 and 18 microns.
- Over the past 600 million years, CO2 and Temperature simply aren’t correlated, and regardless of the level of CO2, temperatures cap out around 22 Degrees C.
- CO2 caused ocean acidification is simply not a possibility due to the huge buffering capabilities of the ocean, once again, the coral reefs and sea life developed during periods of much higher CO2 levels.
- Temperature variation over the past 600 million years is a full 10 Degree C, and life has thrived both during the warm periods and the cool periods. We currently are in a cool period and the dinosaurs lived during a warm period.
- This graphic demonstrates the climate variability on a shorter time scale.