“The fact that a black person is four times as likely as a white person to be incarcerated for the exact same crime is evidence of systemic racism,” Buttigieg said. “Racism makes it harder for good police officers to do their job too.” (Source)
That response is wrong in so many ways:
- Blacks are not 4x as likely to be incarcerated for the same crime as whites.
- There is a differential between incarceration rates for drug use, but that is due to a law differentiating between crack cocaine and powder cocaine. (Source)(Source)
- Cops don’t incarcerate people, Judges and Juries do. Are the Judges and Juries of Peers racist?
- The #1 cause of death of a young black man is another young black man
- The #1 cause of death for a black person is abortion
- Unjustly smearing cops as racist makes their job much more dangerous and difficult to do
- My mom told me not to commit crimes and do drugs, does that make her a racist?
- Ignoring the crime problem in the black community, and actually exploiting it for political purposes is truly deplorable.
- Objective data like shoplifting expense per store and murder rates where you have an actual body as evidence is proof of higher crimes in black communities. Mayor Pete simply ignores the situation and chooses not to address the reality of the situation.
- Are murder rates and theft statistics fake stats to promote a false narrative of high crime in the black neighborhood?
- It is unlikely that you will go to jail if you don’t commit a crime. Why would anyone have a problem telling any person, regardless of race, not to commit crimes and do drugs? That is simply common sense.
Please Like, Share, Subscribe, Re-Blog and Comment?